Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Do you feel groggy, sluggish, tired throughout the day? There are so many factors that might influence or affect why you can’t sleep or what is causing your sleepless nights. We do recommend seeing your doctor to determine if you have a medical issue; sleep apnea, insomnia or some form of a sleep disorder. We do, however, believe what ever the cause of the lack of sleep the following sleep hacks for better sleep will move you one step closer to feeling amazing, rested and full of energy.
Symptoms of a Sleep Disorder
- Feel irritable or sleepy during the day?
- Have difficulty staying awake when sitting still, watching television or reading?
- Fall asleep or feel very tired while driving?
- Have difficulty concentrating?
- Often get told by others that you look tired?
- React slowly?
- Have trouble controlling your emotions?
- Feel like you have to take a nap almost every day?
- Require caffeinated beverages to keep yourself going?
Sleep Hacks for Better Sleep
We’ve compiled a variety of Sleep Hacks and have been posting on our social media accounts the past month. Here is a slide show of those sleep hacks:
When to Call a Doctor
If you’ve tried a variety of self-help remedies without success, schedule an appointment with a sleep specialist or ask your family doctor for a referral to a sleep clinic, especially if:
- Your main sleep problem is daytime sleepiness and self-help hasn’t improved your symptoms.
- You or your bed partner gasps, chokes, or stops breathing during sleep.
- You sometimes fall asleep at inappropriate times, such as while talking, walking, or eating.
Provide your doctor with as much supporting information as possible, including information from your sleep diary.
For more help and information on sleep disorders, sleep hacks and tips we recommend visiting this help guide. You can also reach out to us if you have any specific product questions or other sleep needs.